Lucca & Pisa
On our private excursion to Lucca & Pisa you will see some of the most fantastic architectural works in Italy.
Even though Pisa is an important center for higher education (and home to one of the most renowned universities in Europe, the Scuola Normale) millions of visitors flock to the Field of Miracles every year to take creative photos of themselves with the Leaning Tower. We’ll tell you the story of why the tower is leaning, which is a fascinating tale and a great Italian drama. The tower is particularly handsome, in spite of the fact that it’s listing. The other monuments on the piazza are also very fine, and the baptistery has magical acoustics that are demonstrated on the hour and half hour.
Lucca, on the other hand, can brag about its monolithic Medieval walls that still surround the city. Today the top of the wall is a pedestrian highway shaded by big, beautiful trees. It’s a great place to walk off your lunch or cruise on rented bikes. The city itself is very elegant with a Renaissance feel, and there are lots of good places to try some genuine Lucchese cooking. Lucca is also a shopper’s paradise.
The schedule is flexible but usually goes something like this:
- 09.00-10.15 pickup from your lodgings in/around Florence, scenic drive along the highway
- 10.15-11.15 visit Pisa’s Field of Miracles (there is time to climb the Leaning Tower), shop for souvenirs, perhaps visit some of the other exhibits on the piazza
- 11.15-11.45 scenic drive through the countryside
- 11.45-13.00 see the highlights of Lucca on foot or by bike
- Piazzale Verdi
- Puccini’s birth place
- church of San Michele in Foro
- Piazza Napoleone/Teatro del Giglio
- the cathedral
- Via Fililungo
- Piazza del Amfiteatro (optional gelato stop)
- 13.00-14.30 have lunch
- Free time til about 3:30pm
- Option to stop in Montecatini Alto on the way back to Florence to see its stupendous Medieval piazza and castle
Do you have a question about our excursion to Lucca & Pisa?
In Lucca & Pisa you will see some of the most fantastic architectural works in Italy.
BOOKING IS EASY
To make a booking, simply contact us. We tailor each service to your desires.
If you want to visit places not mentioned in the list of popular excursions we can arrange it, and if you don’t have any experience or knowledge of the area, non preoccuparti! You can rely on our expertise and care to help you organize the trip of your dreams.
Make a booking