In a place where cliffs drop precipitously into the sea, five villages with their colorful houses, fishing harbors and terraced vineyards dot the coastline to form the Cinque Terre. On our private excursion you’ll spend a day immersed in nature, tradition and the cristalline sea!
This part of Liguria is also famous for Pesto alla Genovese (regional green pesto made from basil, garlic, pine nuts and sharp cheese), the freshest fish, and its excellent local white wine.
IF YOUR MOBILITY IS GOOD
If you can manage a fair few stairs and sharp inclines we can visit Manarola, Vernazza and Corniglia.
Note: There isn’t time to visit all five villages; these three best capture the essence of the Cinque Terre, and are also the prettiest.
The schedule is more or less like this:
- 07.45-09.45 pickup at your lodgings in/around Florence, scenic drive on the highway, passing the Appenine mountains and Carrara marble quarries
- 09.45-10.50 visit Manarola
- 10.50-11.05 take the ferry* to Vernazza (on your own; your driver will take the vehicle to pick you up in Vernazza)
- until about 14.00 you can explore Vernazza and have lunch, then reconnect with your driver
- 20 minute drive to Corniglia
- stop in Corniglia for gelato and views from the belvedere
- 15.30-17.45 return to Florence, stopping to take photos along the panoramic road out the Cinque Terre before getting onto the highway
*If the ferry isn’t running you can take the train to Vernazza.
DURATION: 10 hours
IF YOUR MOBILITY IS NOT SO GOOD
For an amazing experience that is easy on the legs we recommend passing the day in Portovenere. Those of us who go to the Cinque Terre day after day agree that Portovenere is the underrated jewel on this stretch of the coast.
The agenda is simple but beautiful:
- 08.00-10.00 pickup at your lodgings in/around Florence, scenic drive on the highway, passing the Appenine mountains and Carrara marble quarries
- Upon arrival in Portovenere we’ll stop for a cappuccino on a terrace overlooking the port
- Then we’ll take our time to stroll the town and visit all the points of interest:
- the Medieval piazza (molto bella!)
- Byron’s Grotto
- the 12th century church on the promontory
- all the colorful row houses where women used to watch for their companions as they came in from sea
You’ll have time for a leisurely lunch, you can even go swimming!
Adding Vernazza or Corniglia is a possible addition — if, of course, you can tear yourself away from Portovenere.
DURATION: up to 10 hours
In a place where cliffs drop precipitously into the sea, five villages with their colorful houses, fishing harbors and terraced vineyards dot the coastline to form the Cinque Terre.
RATES – Cinque Terre from Florence (10 hrs)
1-2 pax, 560 Euro
3-4 pax, 600 Euro
5-6 pax, 640 Euro
7-8 pax, 680 Euro
Do you have a question about our excursion to Cinque Terre?
A day immersed in nature, tradition and the cristalline sea.
BOOKING IS EASY
To make a booking, simply contact us. We tailor each service to your desires.
If you want to visit places not mentioned in the list of popular excursions we can arrange it, and if you don’t have any experience or knowledge of the area, non preoccuparti! You can rely on our expertise and care to help you organize the trip of your dreams.
Make a booking